Monday, October 20, 2008

Sign of the Cross


One of my girlfriends dreams in Christian symbolism:


I was drunk, which is actually quite fitting because I was actually drunk when I went to sleep. I woke up in my apartment, stumbled (blurry eyed and with a pounding headache) to the bathroom mirror only to discover that I had tattooed a Latin cross (yes, a cross!) on my forehead. It was very Ash Wednesday, except that it was slightly to the right of center, which was handy because my short bangs could just cover it. This wasn't good enough! I tried my hardest to rub it off and (miraculously!) some of it did create a blackish smudge across my forehead. But I was really considering calling my parents, begging for money, explaining that I wasn't actually having an existential crisis, getting that shit removed… when I woke up, ran to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and sighed in relief.

No comments: