Monday, October 20, 2008

Agency Work Is No Fun


A friend's recent dream:

I was working for the fictional Miller Gold talent agency run by Ari Gold in Entourage. Ari never paid attention to me and always treated me like I didn't exist. Then, one day, he was standing around and began eavesdropping on a conversation I was having with a co-worker. He thought I was funny and started speaking to me, completely ignoring the other person. I was really pissed off because I thought Ari was a piece of shit, and I had no interest in hearing what he had to say. However, he immediately took a liking to me and started parading me around, introducing me to people. Every time we walked into someone's office he'd say, "Hey, check out what Rolo here just said." Yes, he was referring to me as Rolo, the caramel-filled chocolate candy. Whenever someone would hear is new nickname for me, he/she would give me a look that said, "Holy shit, that sucks." I really didn't want to be associated with Ari because, like me, everyone else hated him and only tolerated him because he owned the company, and I didn't want to be known as his friend. However, I remember thinking that I could use this newfound relationship to my advantage and get a pretty awesome promotion just by pretending to like him...and it's LA, so isn't that what everyone does anyway?

No comments: