Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pinch Yourself and Wake Up

A friend of mine wrote to me today about a dream. For the first time ever, he pinched himself and woke up.

"It was one of the strangest dreams I've ever had. I was in a cab, going up the FDR with this girl who i went to high school with. She was someone I thought was nice and who liked me, but I always found her and her family to be extraordinarily pretentious. Ahe left after freshman year to go to a boarding school on the East Coast. Anyway, we were in this taxi and she was being really annoying...name dropping and acting superior. I remember her saying something like, "yeah, well, he is the number 20 at Merrill Lynch," and I remember thinking to myself, "number 20? are you serious? who is she kidding?" Anyway, she kept babbling on and I looked out the window. I looked up and saw this huge, spherical metal thing floating above Manhattan. It had about 10 of the monsters from "The Host" running all over it. Then, i remember thinking to myself, "We're in trouble if there is a color-changing cloud floating right behind it." Well, sure enough, there was a color-changing cloud floating right behind it. I started to panic then, knowing that shit was about to go down, and that's when the pinching thing occurred. Honestly, it was one of the most vivid dreams I've ever had. I was so relieved to wake up."

No comments: