Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Other People's Dreams


A friend confessed to me that I was in her dream last night. I love being in other people's dreams, except for one time in college when my roommate's boyfriend told me we had French-kissed in his. Not only did I kind of want to kill my roommate's boyfriend every day, the term French-kiss seemed horribly graphic and slimy in the context.

This was a much happier circumstance, but still, leads me to believe both she and I should be worried. My friend is a lesbian, and in her dream, her ex-lover, a girl she has agonized over and cried over, who has tortured her and torn her apart, had turned into a man, and I was dating "him". I asked her if she was mad at me and she said no. I said she had probably conflated her ex with my boyfriend--she said that was probably true. In any case, she was sitting on the grass in the dream, and kept texting her ex-lover, hoping for a response, and "he" wouldn't answer, because he was with me. I think maybe we should both go for broke and just date each other.

No comments: