Friday, May 16, 2008

Meanings


I dreamt about trains again. I'll write about the dream, but first I want to address the fact that this will be my third dream in a row about trains. So for this post I am simply presenting a dream interpretation from www.dreamloverinc.com.

In the meantime I'll just say that I have to travel tomorrow and I've decided to take the bus.

Train
This dream symbol can be very complicated and its meaning is specific to the dreamer (as all dream symbols are). If you normally take the train to work and it is a part of your daily experience, closer attention should be paid to the other details of the dream. Going on a train ride may be symbolic of your life's journey. If you are the engineer, you may be reassuring yourself in the dream state that you are in control of a specific situation or life in general. The train could also be symbolic of your need to move on and to do things in an orderly and sequential manner. Freud said that the train is usually a phallic symbol and that a train going through a tunnel represents intercourse. Freud also said that there are other possibilities to this symbol. For example if you missed the train in your dream, you may be fearful of missing important opportunities. Jung thought that the train ride represented the way a person moves and behaves just like everyone else and that you the dreamer may be striving for wholeness.

No comments: